Thursday 13 September 2012

How to get rid of midges and flies

Midges and flies - known to the locals as 'cleggs' - have caused great annoyance during my holiday in Scotland.  Because of the large expanses of water, they're everywhere.  I even found a fly drowning in my soup one evening, at which point I panicked and promptly picked up the full bowl of beef consommé and hurled the lot against the restaurant wall.  


No, it's not a bowl of urine. 
 
At one point later that same evening, I was being attacked by swarms of midges as I took the evening air.   I managed to acquire some heavy-duty insect repellent from the local shop, curiously called Brut, but it simply didn't work when I sprayed it - the horse-flies, midges, even locusts just kept attacking me.


this heavy-duty bug repellent simply didn't work!


In desperation, here are some pictures of how I dealt with the problem.



 Fanny has always been a fan of the after-dinner cigar; she once had sex in a humidor


Any aerosol will do.







It's probably best not to wear a voluminous evening gown when carrying out this procedure as the direction of the wind could change and blow the flame back against you.






The cleggs were dropping like flies after that.

12 comments:

  1. HA HA HA I LOVE U FANNY LOVE

    WALTER X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Walter,

    thanks for the comment. I love you too!!!!!!

    Fanny xxxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم نحن فى شركة الكمال تقوم بافضل انواع التنظيف العام وتنظيف الفلل بافضل انواع العالميه التى تحافظ على السيراميك
    شركة الكمال
    شركة تنظيف بالطائف
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    شركة تنظيف بحائل
    ونحن فى خدماتكم اربعه وعشرون ساعه وكل هذا بافضل الاسعار واقل التكلفة

    ReplyDelete
  4. غسيل الفلل فى المدينة المنورة
    افضل شركة لغسيل وتنظيف الكنب بالمدينة
    باستخدام منظفات لها رائحة جميلة وخبراء فى نظافة الفللتنظيف فلل
    افضل شركات التنظيف في المدينة
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة غسيل كامل منازل شقق
    إذا كن تريد شركة تنظيف منازل وبيوت وعمارات وفلل ومساجد فلديك لخدمات النظافة الشاملة بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  5. ولكن قبل أن تبدأ في تركيب وجهات كلادينج من المهم أن تعرف الكثير عنها بالتفصيل مثل مميزاتها أو أسعارها وأنواعها ، لذا تابعوا معنا السطور التالية تركيب كلادينج واجهات في مصر فالشكل من أهم العناصرالأساسية لضمان نجاح أي مشروع.

    ReplyDelete